How To Detect An Adware
- If you get popup windows when your browser is not open then your computer may have an adware installed.
- If your are automatically redirected while visting websites then you may be infected by an adware.
- If your homepage is changed then you may be infected.
- If some programs startup automatically then you may be infected with an adware.
- If your computer is running slow then this may be due to adwares installed in your computer.
Adwares are usually installed while surfing websites or while installing softwares.They are installed most of the time with user’s consent.So,always try to avoid softwares that install browser toolbars.Once an adware is installed in your computer it can download keylogger or viruses from the internet and steal you important or private information that can be misused.
How To Fight/Remove Adware
The best way to protect your computer from adwares is to always run a firewall.A firewall will automatically block suspicious incoming and outgoing connections and would not allow the adwares to install keyloggers and other spying softwares.It is very difficult to detect and uninstall adwares manually and there are very good free adware removal tools available .Some of the best are listed below
- SpyBot Search and Destroy